Discover why self-service customer support is a must-have and how to make it work!
Check here the pdf version of this infographic
What is self-service customer support?
It is a proactive service in which the clients have everything they need to answer their questions autonomously and immediately – without needing to contact a company representative.
How to make it available?
- Creation of a topic-based Knowledge Base on the website, including FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), guides, articles, how-tos, and instructional videos.
- Automation with intelligent Chatbots (with the possibility of escalating to a live agent when needed).
Why invest in this strategy?
- 81% of consumers across all industries try to solve their issues themselves before speaking with a brand representative. (Harvard Business Review)
- 90% of customers worldwide expect brands or organizations to have an online self-care portal. (Microsoft)
- 91% of companies identified web self-service as a relevant investment focus. (Customer Contact Week)
- 50% of customer self-care searches will be done through a virtual assistant, predicts Gartner.
- 92% of people use search engines to find information.
- 60% of the Portuguese banks’ and financial institutions’ customer service is done by bots.
Four main advantages of self-service customer support:
- Increased customer and employee satisfaction.
- Increased operational efficiency.
- Fast answers to the most common issues.
- 24*7*365 access from anywhere and on any device.
According to the APCC’s 2022 Study, what are the main reasons for offering self-care tools/channels?
- Improve customer experience.
- Customer “Appetite” for digital solutions.
- Costs reduction.
- Extended service hours.
- Improve Agent/Operator/Contact Manager performance.
- Improve business/sales opportunities.
Ten commandments to make it work:
- Make it easy and intuitive to get to the desired information.
- Be continuously enriched and updated.
- Use Artificial Intelligence for greater customization and accuracy.
- Provide different communication options (buttons, free messaging, voice calls).
- Provide a great experience, regardless of the channel.
- Capture information, history, and metrics for further action/improvement.
- Be as comprehensive and complete as possible to not disappoint expectations.
- Have associated workflows for process optimization.
- Have a back office that doesn’t require technical knowledge.
- Ensure security and compliance with current standards.
Understanding and addressing customers’ needs and preferences is critical to their satisfaction and loyalty. In the digital age we live in, self-service is increasingly one of them, allowing their empowerment and independence in finding solutions.
You can count on the Visor.ai platform to leverage all the advantages of self-service customer support. Ask for a demo to see it in action 👉 visor.ai/contacts